VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that performs most multimedia information in addition to discs, units, and community streaming protocols.
That is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play most video and audio information, as well as network streams and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android can also be a full audio participant, with an entire database, an equalizer and filters, enjoying all weird audio codecs.
VLC is intended for everybody, is totally free, has no advertisements, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is accessible totally free.
VLC for Android™ performs most native video and audio information, in addition to community streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop model of VLC.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video information, and allows to browse folders instantly.
VLC has help for multi-track audio and subtitles. It helps auto-rotation, aspect-ratio changes and gestures to regulate quantity, brightness and looking for.
It additionally features a widget for audio management, helps audio headsets control, cowl artwork and an entire audio media library.
This version is for all units except ARMv6 units. They are going to be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android needs access to :
• “Gadget & app History” to have the ability to read logs, to assist understand crashes and points, so we will improve VLC.
• “Pictures/Media/Information” to read your all media information 🙂
• “System ID & call info” to be able to pause music/video during incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
• “Different” to verify network connections and conceal the streaming elements when wanted.
Permission Particulars :
• It needs “read telephone standing an id”, with a view to pause music throughout outgoing and incoming calls.
• It wants “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media information on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, to be able to permit deletion of information.
• It needs “full community access”, to open community and web streams.
• It wants “management vibration”, with a view to provide UI feedback when in search of in the video and audio players.
• It needs “forestall telephone from sleeping” as a way to forestall… your telephone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, with a view to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, with a purpose to assist you to change your audio ringtone.
• It wants “view community connections” in an effort to monitor whether or not system is related or not, to hide the streaming elements.
– For Android TV app only:
• It wants “report audio ” for audio search using your microphone.
• It needs “to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that’s broadcast after the system finishes booting” to set suggestions on Android TV launcher display.
360° videos help
Android Auto implementation
More dynamic and Material-compliant UI
Enable Image-In-Image mode on Android O
DayNight mode integration
New Search activity and integration with Google Now
Resume position for audio media tagged as audiobook or podcast
Double tap on display edges in video player to hunt by 10s
Audio increase in video participant
Custom equalizer presets
Improve RTL help
Improve app & video participant startup velocity